Saturday, January 25, 2014

Dreams in watercolors 5

"Golden spring"
watercolors on paper.

 The golden spring redeems the withered year,
And wherefore should my spirit be afraid
Though autumn winds wail through the smoky shade
And chill me like the fleeting ghost of fear?
Sweet love of youth, I know that thou must fade,
I know what nameless spectres hover near,
And that the loveliness I hold so dear,
Borrowed from dust, to ashes must be paid.

Yet linger still over these wasted meadows
Faint shreds of song, and scattered scents of flowers,
And from the heart's abyss of deepening shadows
Rise the young passions of immortal hours.
The golden spring its withered year redeems;
Sleep comes at last, but sleep made rich with dreams.
 writen by Robert Silliman Hillyer.




" Purple orchid"
watercolors on paper.

 "Life is the flower for which love is the honey"
 Victor Hugo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...